What Mother Nature has created? A journey around our Earth and its Beauty

It is often said beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but many people mistakenly believe that to refer only to people. Natural beauty comes in many forms, and it is not about perfection. Beauty is not tarnished by imperfections – it is defined by them. It could be in a smile, or the twinkle of an eye. It could be an untainted landscape, or the change of the seasons. It could even be in an act of pure unselfishness. Beauty comes in many, often unexpected forms, but it does not always announce itself. Sometimes you have to search for it, but when you find it, you will know it was worth it.



Nothing is more perfect than
the pure, untouched beauty of nature.
The things man can never make, or re-create,
no matter how hard we try...

There is something magical about
the perfect rose. The petals swirl around,
an endless pattern; overlapping and overlapping,
hugging to form curves.

I stepped outside onto my porch on the first
day of summer. The warm air hugged me gently,
the scent of fresh grass and flowers clung to my skin.

I looked up at the sky, a color so rich and deep
that blue couldn't even begin to describe.
White clouds fluffed and bellowed out into
pieces; I jumped and tried to catch them in my hands,
only to have them slip through my fingers.

I opened up my mouth as wide as it could go,
and swallowed as much magnificence as I could.
I tasted the perfection on my tongue, warm and sweet.
I knew I had to commit as much of this beauty as I could
to my memory, to carry with me wherever I go.

After all, we won't always be here
to drink it all in.

Author and Credits: Emillly dubinn, Marlboro, NJ
 
What a wonderful joy it is to see,
The beauty of nature and its majesty.

Everything blends, entwines and embraces,
Spaced precisely in their designated places.

What a marvel to see, I wish I were a bee,
Flying free,
Smelling life's roses, no particular place to be.

How can it be, such a marvel to see
When it’s possessed by such as you and me?

Ours to have, cherish, and protect,
Not to pollute, take for granted, nor neglect.

Enjoy the earth, treat it kind
After all it is ours, yes... yours and mine. 

Author and Credits: © Kathye D. Perry