Memorable quotes on Life

"First, I was dying to finish high school and start college.
And then, I was dying to finish college and start working.
And then, I was dying to marry and have children.
And then, I was dying for my children to grow old enough for school.
And then, I was dying to retire.
And now, I am dying ...
and suddenly, I realize I forgot to live ..." - Anonymous

"To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of
false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better,
whether by a healthy child, a garden, or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety, a hundred years at the very most. During that period we must try to do something good, something useful with our lives. Try to be at peace with yourself and help others share that peace. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." - The Dalai Lama


"A substantial part of what lies ahead of you is going to be claimed by boredom. No college prepares you for that eventuality .... You'll be bored with your work, your friends, your spouses, your lovers, the view from your window, the furniture or wallpaper in your room, your thoughts, yourselves. Accordingly, you'll try to devise ways of escape ... you may take up changing your job, residence, company, country, climate; you may take up promiscuity, alcohol, travel, cooking lessons, drugs, psychoanalysis. But, if it takes will-paralyzing boredom to bring your significance home, then hail the boredom. You are insignificant because you are finite .... And the more finite a thing is, the more it is charged with life, emotions, joy, fears and compassion." - Joseph Brodsky

Today is the beginning of a new day.
God has given me this day to use as I will.
I can waste it ... or use it for good.
But what I do today is important because
I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes,
This day will be gone forever.
Leaving in its place
Something that I have traded for it.
I want it to be gain and not loss,
Good and not evil,
Success and not failure,
In order that I shall not regret
The price that I have paid for it. - Unknown