Try not to change anyone - A perspective

You can't change people's minds, we are not God. We can do our best to do what we do, whatever job we have to bring sort of goodness out there. But we can't change people. As an artist what I can do is to communicate! - David LaChapelle.

“Trying to change someone, and their views, is like throwing paper into a fire.” ― Anthony Liccione.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on - Robert Frost.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude - Maya Angelou.

I've discovered that you can't change people. They can change themselves - Jim Rohn.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination - Jimmy Dean.

You can’t make a dog happy by forcibly wagging its tail. And you can’t change people’s minds by utterly refuting their arguments - Jonathan Haidt.

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow - Helen Keller.


“It's not necessary to tell all you know. It's not ladylike -- in the second place, folks don't like to have someone around knowin' more than they do. It aggravates them. Your not gonna change any of them by talkin' right, they've got to want to learn themselves, and when they don't want to learn there's nothing you can do but keep your mouth shut or talk their language.” ― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird.

“I, sometimes, fear that probably I'll just keep changing cities, and may be someday I'll also travel the world, but never find another soul who thinks exactly the way I do.” ― Sanhita Baruah.

“Mom always told me, "People will do what they want to do-always. If you don't like how someone is acting or what they are doing, no matter how much you scream yell or cry, you won't change them unless they really want to change.” ― Alison Caiola, The Seeds of a Daisy.

“The world will not know peace until we learn to understand each other's emotions” ― Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom.

“One day he’ll realize he is and was wrong. But that’s for him to figure out. You can’t change people or make them realize things they don’t want to see.” ― Dominic Riccitello.

“You never want to try and change someone to fit your expectations because they won't change for long...” ― K. Weikel, Replay: Reboot.

Source and Credits:

Good Reads